Terms and Conditions
Terms and Conditions
Terms of Admission
1. In these Terms of Admission (these “Terms”): “Cinema” means the Regent Street Cinema that we operate in Regent Street, London W1B; and
2. “us” or “we” means UoW Regent Street Cinema Limited, a company incorporated in England and Wales under company number 09362885;
3. “Website” means the UoW Regent Street Cinema website at http://www.regentstreetcinema.com/ or such other website concerning the Cinema as we may operate from time to time.
1. These Terms set out the general terms which apply to everyone who purchases a ticket and everyone who visits the Cinema, whether or not they have purchased a ticket.
2. Nothing in these Terms affects your statutory rights as a consumer.
3. These Terms may change from time to time and, if they do, the up-to-date version will be available on the Website. Any revised version of these Terms will be effective immediately when it
4. Every time you order one or more tickets through the Website for a film or event at the Cinema, the Terms in force at the time of your order will apply to the contract between you and us in respect of such ticket(s).
3. Age Restrictions
1. Entry to films and events is restricted by the classification given by the British Board of Film Classification or others. We are required to refuse admission to anyone who is below the minimum age required by the relevant classification.
1. Anyone can be admitted to films classified as U or PG.
2. Children under 12 can be admitted to films classified as 12A but only if accompanied by an adult (i.e. someone over the age of 18).
3. Nobody under the age of fifteen can be admitted to films classified as 15.
4. Nobody under the age of eighteen can be admitted to films classified as 18.
5. Children under age 7 must be accompanied by a parent or guardian for all films starting at or after 7pm.
6. Children under age 5 must be accompanied by a parent or guardian at all times.
7. Babies under the age of 1 can go into screenings providing that:
1. they sit on a lap for the entire screening (i.e. do not take up a seat); and
2. they are removed from the auditorium should they cause disturbance to other customers; and
3. the film is classified as U, PG or 12A.
8. Babies under the age of one will be admitted without charge. Tickets must be purchased for everyone else.
9. We may require you to prove your age with appropriate photographic ID if you are going to a 12A, 15, 18 film or purchasing an alcoholic drink. If you are unable to prove your age you will be not be able to watch the film or buy an alcoholic drink. We may ask you for such proof at any time you are on our premises.
10. If you buy a ticket before we know its classification and you are not old enough to be admitted to the screening we will issue you with a full refund.
4. Food and Drink
1. Only food and drink purchased at the Cinema may be consumed within the Cinema.
2. You must observe the licensing regulations at the Cinema concerning the sale and consumption of alcoholic drinks. In particular, you must not take untoughened glass into the auditorium.
3. You must not smoke inside the Cinema. This includes E-cigarettes, which may not be used in the Cinema.
1. The concessionary tickets issued to members as part of our Cinema membership scheme can only be used for films and not for premium-priced events (unless otherwise notified).
2. Mobile phones must be switched off or in a silent mode before you enter the auditorium. You must not use phones inside the auditorium during the screening.
3. To avoid disturbing customers who arrive on time, customers arriving after the film has started may be refused admission to the performance until such time as is likely to cause minimal distraction and disruption to other customers. Refunds will not be issued by us in these circumstances.
4. You must follow any health and safety procedures or instructions that are in place and notified to you by our staff or by notices.
5. It can be a serious criminal offence to copy or attempt to copy any film or other copyright material exhibited in any part of the Cinema, punishable on conviction with an unlimited fine and imprisonment of up to a maximum of ten years. You are not permitted to use cameras and/or recording equipment of any kind in the Cinema.
6. As a courtesy to your fellow audience members, and to prevent film copying, we ask that customers do not enter any Cinema auditorium using any ‘wearable technology’ capable of recording images. Any customer found wearing such technology will be asked to remove it and may be asked to leave the Cinema.
7. We endeavour to show films in accordance with the programme that we advertise. However, there may be circumstances in which we are unable to comply with the advertised programme and in such cases our liability to you is limited to a full refund of the tickets purchased including Card Booking Fees. We are unable to take responsibility for programme information advertised by third parties.
8. We may ask you for proof of status for concessionary tickets at any time that you are on our premises.
9. You must not purchase tickets except for personal use and you agree that tickets are not purchased as part of any form of a for-profit business or commercial activity unless we have expressly authorised otherwise in writing.
10. We accept no responsibility for any personal property that is brought to the Cinema, although nothing in these Terms shall limit or exclude our liability for any loss or damage to your personal property caused deliberately by, or through the negligence of, any of our employees.
6. Refusal of Admission
1. We may refuse admission or require you to leave the premises without a refund if you:
1. behave in an anti-social or threatening manner; or
2. put the safety of our customers, our employees or our property at risk; or
3. use a camera or recording equipment of any kind in the Cinema.
1. The Terms in this Clause 7 (“Website Terms”) set out the legally binding terms which apply to everyone who accesses or uses the Website. By accessing or using the Website you agree to be bound by these Website Terms. If you do not wish to be bound by these Website Terms you must not access or use the Website.
2. The Website is provided free of charge and we make no guarantee that your use of the Website will be uninterrupted or error free. In addition, we may modify or remove, temporarily or permanently, all or any part of the Website without notice and without liability.
3. The Website and the materials on it are protected by copyright, trade mark and other intellectual property rights and laws throughout the world. The materials on the Website are owned by or licensed to us. You may access, copy, download, print and view the materials on the Website for your personal use, but the materials on the Website may not otherwise be copied, reproduced, republished, uploaded, posted, transmitted or distributed in any way without our consent.
4. The Website contains links to other websites which are not controlled by us. The fact that we may provide a link to any such website does not mean that we endorse that website. Such links are only provided for your convenience and you access them at your own risk.
8. On-line Purchases
1. You may only purchase tickets through our Website for films and events at the Cinema if you are at least 18 years old. If you are under 18 years old and would like to attend a film or event at the Cinema, please ask your parent or guardian to purchase a ticket on your behalf and confirm that they agree to these Terms.
2. Tickets for films and events at our Cinema are sold by us at the prices displayed for the relevant performance and the amount payable for them will be debited immediately from your credit or debit card. By requesting tickets through the Website you are placing a booking request for them on these
Terms which is only accepted and binding on us once we have debited your card.
3. A confirmation booking reference will be displayed on your screen and emailed to you.
4. The email confirmation of your booking will set out the details of the Cinema tickets purchased and the total amounts paid for your tickets and other items.
5. You can collect your tickets from any point of sale in the Cinema any time from when the booking is made until the start of the performance. You will need to bring either the card you paid with or a note of the booking reference to collect your tickets.
6. Concessionary and children’s tickets are offered for sale on the Website. You must bring proof of status or age with you to the Cinema to collect these types of tickets and to gain admission to the relevant performance.
7. Bookings made on the Website are encrypted for security. However, you acknowledge that the Internet is not entirely secure and whilst we will take reasonable steps to safeguard the security of any card information you provide, we shall not be liable for any damage you may suffer as a result of the loss of confidentiality of any such information.
8. Members must enter their details at the time of purchasing to claim any discount, including discounts to the Card Booking Fee. It is not possible to amend the booking once it has been completed.
9. Transactions will appear on your card/bank statement as a payment to UoW Regent Street Cinema Ltd.
10. Any food and drink items bought with your tickets online through the Website will be prepared for consumption on the day of the relevant performance.
9. Data protection
1. The personal information you provide to us will be held by us and by the University of Westminster (the “University”), which is incorporated in England and Wales as a private company limited by guarantee not having a share capital (company number 977818), and is an exempt charity under the Charities Act 1993 as amended. We are a wholly owned subsidiary of the University. For the purposes of the UK data protection legislation, we will be co-controllers of your personal information together with the University.
10. Remote Ticket Booking Fees
1. A booking fee of £1.00 per transaction will be payable separately by you to UoW Regent Street Cinema Limited for all purchases outside of the Cinema (the “Card Booking Fee”). This Card Booking Fee is in consideration of UoW Regent Street Cinema processing credit and debit card payments and transferring your payment for tickets to us. By confirming your booking you are agreeing to pay this Card Booking Fee to UoW Regent Street Cinema in addition to the price you pay to us for your Cinema ticket.
2. Once a booking is confirmed the Card Booking Fee is non-refundable.
11. Customer Services
1. Should you wish to contact us, please e mail [email protected] or write to Customer Services, UoW Regent Street Cinema, 309 Regent Street, London W1B 2HW, or telephone 0207 911 5050.
2. In addition to our in-person and online facilities we offer a telephone service for customers who wish to purchase tickets. Details are published on the Website.
1. These Terms, and any dispute or claim arising out of or in connection with them or their subject matter or formation (including, without limitation, non-contractual disputes or claims) shall be governed by, construed and enforced in accordance with the laws of England. Any action you or we bring to enforce these Terms shall only be brought in the courts of England and you expressly consent to the jurisdiction of said courts. If any provision of these Terms shall be unlawful, void or for any reason unenforceable then that provision shall be removed from these Terms and shall not affect the validity and enforceability of any remaining provisions.